Scope of Services
Day & Zimmermann (D&Z) was awarded engineering work at a specialty chemical manufacturing company. We provided preliminary P&IDs, piping and valve specifications, and electrical and instrumentation design in the following areas:
- Oxide storage tank system.
- Oxide scrubber system – composed of an oxide scrubber column, reaction tank, and adjustment tank.
- Multiple processing trains - composed of one raw material storage tank, one reactor prep tank, one oxide reactor, one product mix tank, one strip tank, and one slurry tank with filter press.
- Vent scrubber system – composed of a vent scrubber column, vent receivers, reaction tank, adjustment tank, and solution feed tank.
- Vacuum system – composed of vacuum pumps, vacuum receivers, purge receiver, separators, a surge drum, contact condenser, and seal tank.
Major Accomplishments & Innovations
D&Z implemented a Smart P&ID process that eliminated 20,000 hours of work, saving our customer more than $3.5 million. Our cost-awareness project savings program calculated a total of $7.5 million in savings for the client.