We believe innovation and continuous improvement serve as the foundation for helping lowering the Total Cost of Ownership to our customers. Day & Zimmermann is committed to a continuous improvement cycle that proactively identifies, shares, and integrates best practice and 'lessons learned' information into the planning and execution phases of all projects.
We also incorporate proven industry best practices from recognized industry research institutes and forums such as the Construction Industry Institute (CII), the Institute of Nuclear Power Operations (INPO), the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), and the Construction Users Roundtable (CURT).
Continuous improvement focus areas include:
- Detailed project planning with milestones and deliverables that are closely aligned with customer needs (this process begins a minimum of 12 months in advance where applicable)
- Comprehensive assessment and analysis of risks, labor availability, production and process
- Purposeful customer collaboration to develop strategic plans that address 'at risk' project components
- Specialized, just-in-time training for all supervisors and management personnel
- Real-time project support, supervision and monitoring
- Detailed post-project reviews and verifications, including optimization and lessons learned implementation for future projects
Day & Zimmermann has also developed a number of innovative technologies to deliver enhanced environmental, health, safety, and human performance reporting and tracking, as well as pre-project planning and execution. We also have advanced systems in place for the recruitment and placement of experienced and qualified project personnel.